This blog is basically for me to describe how i feel about crap that goes on, and to try to find my old friends who i haven't seen in ages.

Friday, August 18, 2006

the moment of peace

i was reading an article about an exchange between Israeli and Lebanese soldiers, and was amazed. It was during the actual conflict. An Israeli unit took control of a Lebanese town with a mostly christian population, and the Lebanese outpost there surrendered before any shots were fired. There is a video in which the Israelis are being given tea by the Lebanese, which included a General, and had a cordial conversation. Hezbollah is pissed about it, and the Lebanese General commanding the base has been arrested since Lebanon does not recognize Israel and are forbidden contact with Israelis. Here is the dialogue.


At one point in the video, Daoud and an Israeli soldier have the following exchange, as translated by CNN's Octavia Nasr:

Daoud: "Don't we need to tell our bosses?"

Israeli soldier: "Tell whoever you want."

Daoud: "We need to brief them on what happened."

Israeli soldier: "We briefed (U.S. President) Bush. You brief whoever you want."

Daoud: "We need to brief Bush too."

2 Comments:

Blogger Manny said...

I've been watching this since day one. I am glad to see you are keeping up with it too.

I love Israel and I hope to go there before I die. I just have to walk that land.

Thank You tigre.

1:22 AM

 
Blogger Manny said...

Wake up and play!!!!!

3:43 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home