This blog is basically for me to describe how i feel about crap that goes on, and to try to find my old friends who i haven't seen in ages.

Monday, October 31, 2005

Los Angeles, weird

I made my first ever trip to LA, and i noticed something that i had always sub consciously stereotyped. Westerners are moderatly self-absorbed; the way a lot of anti-American foreigners describe Americans is what i actually saw. I always thought that anti-American Europeans were idiots, because the way they described us was so inaccurate. I take it back, those Europeans must have met someone from LA, and based their entire view of Americans on them. I'm from Atlanta, and its such a different world. People are somewhat courteous on the road. People greet you, they say hello, good evening, good afternoon, sir, ma'am, 'woo it sure is rainin out there huh,' or we even give you accurate directions, or take 10 minutes to find someone who can give you accurate directions. Don't get me wrong, i had a great time while i was in LA, and i met some awesome people. I have this ideology that i follow, based on my beliefs, that if i surround myself with good people good things will mostly happen. Well, i have a friend i met in Texas who i realized was just an all around good person who never really made any effort to do anything bad. So we became friends and we hang out all the time here in Vegas. Well i wanted to go to LA and see a friend i had started dialogue with, she was an old friend from Atlanta who moved back to Cali. He had some friends he wanted to see that he knew out there, so we rode out together, and i got to say for free at his friend's apartment. They showed me around town, and even gave me parking spot in the parking garage. They were not self absorbed, and were well educated, well traveled, and generally good people. So not all Westerners are self-absorbed. I went out to Grand Ave and Deviat, which are two clubs i could get into. I danced just a little. Last thing, the girl i was supposed to see out here, the reason i came out stood me up and told me she didn't wanna see me cause she had forgotten she was mad at me. It's a long story, but i messed around with her sister while i was living with her. I apologized several times over the last year and a half and she told me she wanted to see me while i was out in LA. I don't blame her, maybe, but once again Westerners. That's probably why i had quite a few drinks, very depressing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home