This blog is basically for me to describe how i feel about crap that goes on, and to try to find my old friends who i haven't seen in ages.

Friday, December 08, 2006

Iraq Study Group


The Iraq Study Group (ISG) has changed the political atmosphere. I applaud the bipartisan effort for not putting blame, but rather pointing toward improvement. The parties recommendations are very precise, and make the most sense. While i have always staunchly advocated my political orientation (Conservative), you all know that i also use common sense and admit the faults of my party. The administration's idealogy for this war was excellent, however the execution of the idealogy of democracy was flawed because we underestimated the population and the insurgency. We might have been slow to adapt to changes on the ground and political atmosphere. The ISG was correct in saying that a military solution may not be a better answer to the problem than a political one. There are a multitude of influences, which area all addressed. I hope that whatever we do improves the situation. Even if we don't, i'm ready to put my boots on the ground where ever i'm required to.

1 Comments:

Blogger Zen Wizard said...

So you agree on negotiating with Syria? Or at least exploring the possibility of it?

4:23 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home